If you are sick

Please note that this is only a brief overview of the most important general rules; it is no substitute for legal advice and there are often exceptions to the rule. If you feel that you are being cheated of your rights, always seek advice from a trade union or lawyer!

  • If you are sick, go get a health insurance certificate from a doctor (incapacity for work certificate)

  • Submit this certificate to your employer. They must pay you your full wage during your sick leave for up to 6 weeks (continued pay)

  • Nobody can be fired because of illness!